Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's been a long time

The last few months have brought quite a bit of change in our life!  We PCS'd to Texas...for those of you civilians, that means moved. :)  We found a great little duplex and started unpacking...again.  That my friends, is the life of an Army wife.  Being able to pick up and move with only a few months notice.  Some only get a few days or weeks notice!  Being an Army wife is having to pack and unpack a bazillion boxes...or what seems like a bazillion boxes.  It means up and leaving everything you've known for the last three years and just starting over.  Acting like everything is okay, putting a smile on your face, and pushing forward.  This is not normal...and yet, this is MY normal.  This past move was really hard on me.  I still miss my church. I don't think that will ever stop.  We found an amazing home while we were there...not just our house, but it truly felt like home.  The only thing that is great about this place is that we've met a couple of couples :) that are really great.  Now all we have to do is find a good church... here's prayin!

So...lets play catch up.  Again.  Ellis is doing great with work, he applied for special forces...we will be hearing shortly when he is going for an assessment.  I am just staying at home with Eli.  We work on school things, play, watch movies, go for walks, and whatever else we feel like. :)  I also have a little group on facebook that I make felt centers for on my embroidery machine.  I love it...it feels like I have a job. :) 

I was recently nominated for Military Spouse of the Year.  Voting was 2 days ago.  To those of you who voted for me, thank you.  I really appreciate your love and support.  We will find out tomorrow who won for each military base/post.

Pretty sure that's all we have really been up to...tomorrow is a huge day for us.  God has, yet again, shown himself great.  We are signing on the house tomorrow...such a huge financial burden will be lifted.  Thank you Jesus for your provision!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment