Monday, August 30, 2010

What a day

Today was one of those days...you know you've had them, we all have.  The kind of day you want to rewind, or crawl under a rock, and or just start all over. (maybe all three together?)  My emotions got the best of me and Satan just reached right in there, took them, and threw them back at me.  I let him get to me...

For those of you who don't know, Ellis and I have been transfered to Ft. Hood, Texas.  We are trying to figure out what God wants us to do...and it's hard!  Have you ever tried figuring out what God wants and then end up blank?  It happens to me all the time and I think thats the point.  Faith.  He wants us to just trust him no matter what.  I have such a hard time remembering that he will ALWAYS take care of me.  I also have a hard time realizing that I really dont have control over my life...or anything for that matter.  A very close friend of mine reminded me that my dad would do anything to help us out, I mean ANYTHING...so why wouldn't God do that for me too?  I mean, he did send his son to die for me...that's what it's all about.  It's not about whether we have TV or have the internet or whatever other earthly possession.  It's about the fact that a God who can create anything in this universe and more would choose to send his only son to die for me and save me from myself!  He cares for me more than anything that he has made, and I love that. I love that I have a heavenly father who would do anything for me.  I know that he is going to take care of us.  I know that he is going to provide us either a renter and or a buyer for our house.  His word promises me that he will take care of me.  I am more important to him than the lilies or the birds of the air.  I know that he will provide a place for us wherever he wants us.  If he wants us to stay in Norfolk while Ellis goes to Texas that is what will happen.  If he wants us to go to Texas then he will send us someone that is willing to meet our financial needs.

After writing all of that, I realize that I wouldn't rewind this day at all.  I've learned an amazing thing, and that is, even though Satan may have won a few battles today...Christ has won this war.

Eli happened to have a breakdown of his own. :)  But his is related to teefers.  Thats right, he is cutting his 6th and 7th teeth!  My heart melts every time I see his toothy grin.  Let's pray they come in soon and they dont cause too much pain.

I know I dont have many readers yet, but for those of you who do read this, please pray that God will make clear to us where he wants us.  And of course, pray for strength.  Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Praying that our Heavenly Father shows Himself to you in a HUGE way through all this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I have always enjoyed your writing. We are out there! keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete