Friday, September 17, 2010

Busy Bees

I can't believe 2 weeks have flown by!  I realize now that if I don't make a habit of blogging every day, it can really get away from me.  So here I am, sitting down for a little blogging therapy.  Just to give everyone a little heads up on what has happened in the last two weeks...get ready, set, go!

Nothing happened with the "hurricane."  We had some strong winds and a little rain but that was pretty much it.  The following day it was bright and sunny, just as I thought it would be! :)  (plus one Bronwyn!)

The next few days flew by.  I started cleaning and packing up the house with a little help from my friends. (I get by with a little help from my friends...)  Yes, I now have that song stuck in my head.  Joy. 

The following weekend, the 9th to be exact, we (Eli and I) flew to California for my cousin's wedding.  It was a pretty sweet wedding, including great music, adorable dresses, yummy food, and amazing company.  We were able to see family members that we haven't seen in a long time, or in Eli's case...he hasn't seen ever. :)  He had such a great time meeting everyone.  The majority of our family ended up leaving that Sunday, but our flight was on Monday morning at 11.  Cody drove us to the airport at 5 in the morning because he had to be at school by 8.  Thankfully Eli passed out about 30 minutes after getting there.  We were able to check our bags by 7 and we headed to the USO after that.  For those of you who don't know what the USO is...it's a place for military members and their families to go and wait for their flights, or wait for someone to pick them up.  They gave us free breakfast and Eli had a great time playing in their kid's room.  We headed to our flight around 9:45 to board, and we were home around 9 PM. 

This week has been pretty laid back, we just have been hanging out with friends and getting ready for Eli's first birthday party!  I should be going, we are about to eat some supper.  I promise friends, I will start writing on a more consistent basis.  Besides, I'll have lots to write about tomorrow...I can tell you all about his party!  Hopefully I'll figure out how to post some pictures! :) 

God's love to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment