Thursday, September 2, 2010

Skeptic

Skeptic  [skep-tik]
   -noun

A person who questions the validity or authenticity of something purporting to be factual.

Yep,  That's me!  The majority of people here (in Virginia) are freaking out about Hurricane Earl.  I have friends who are boarding up their windows (which should probably be done) and putting sandbags out, and have every right to do so.  I on the other hand haven't done much.  I did however, with the help of Natalie, tape plastic bags all the way around my chimney b/c it tends to leak.  It doesn't pour water or anything, just leaks on a regular basis...I figured a hurricane wasn't a regular basis thing, so I said better safe than sorry!  I also covered Ellis' car b/c I don't want that to get ruined or anything.  I don't think Hurricane Earl is going to touch the land at all, but I am convinced we will get plenty of wind and rain...My prediction  (for what its worth) is that it will be nice and sunny on late Friday or Saturday, just in time for Eli and I to head to Busch Garden's on Sunday after church! :)

Our plans for this evening?  We are headed over to Eric and Natalie's house for a hurricane party! :)  We got a bunch of movies from redbox and we are all gonna hang out.  We do have choir at 7:00 if the weather holds out, and I think it will.

I'll let you all know soon if I should become a weather forecaster :)  If I can predict the weather for this weekend, maybe it's the perfect job for me! LOL :) 

Regardless of my thoughts on the hurricane, I hope and pray you all stay safe through this weekend, and hurricane season!


 

3 comments:

  1. SO glad you started a blog!! I hope and pray you guys remain safe threw the storm ahead! Have fun watching movies that sounds fun. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow im so worried for you guys. Your temping fate!!! ahhhha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are WAY too brave Bronwyn! Geez, I would be hiding out underground! LOL!

    ReplyDelete