Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rockin 1st Party

We had such a BLAST on Sept. 18th.  That was the date of Eli's first birthday party.  Our friends, Natalie and Eric, let us have his party at their house.  Eli had over his friends, I had over my friends (parents of Eli's friends) :) and we had great food!  A close friend of mine, Beth, made both of Eli's Sesame Street cakes.  The big cake was chocolate with chocolate butter cream, and vanilla with butter cream.  Eli's personal cake was Cookie Monster's face with 3 cookies in the mouth.  Eli reached for his cakes as soon as he was close enough to touch them.  When we sat him in the high chair and placed the cake in front of him, he knew exactly what to do.  He wolfed, inhaled, scarfed down his cake.  He looked like a smurf by the time he was done eating it.  I forgot to mention the cool gifts he was given!  Eli is truly blessed!  He has had a blast playing with all of his new toys.  He's already worn some of the clothes, and the rest are packed for our trip to California. 

We are headed out tomorrow at 11:00 AM.  We have 3 layovers on our way to Ontario, California.  We will be there for about 2 weeks.  We are planning to see my brother Cody along with the rest of Ellis' family.  We haven't seen some of his family since our wedding!  We should be arriving in Cali around 8:30.  I may or may not be taking a facebook break for the next 2 weeks...not quite sure on that one yet. :)

I should get back to packing, that's right...still haven't finished, and yes, it is 2:30 AM.  For those of you who know me, this (procrastination) is nothing new. :)  I'm not gonna break the cycle tonight, but maybe some day I will. :)  Good night my friends and blog followers.

3 comments: