Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 5

So I'm really posting about today and yesterday...I was able to post right before we left the hotel but nothing after that.  We got to Hubert, NC yesterday evening around 5:30.  Maria made a WONDERFUL dinner (as usual) for us.  Chicken/Rice casserole w/a little bit of curry, salad, and apples...it was delish!  After the kiddos went to bed, we played a game called Bonanza.  If you have never played it, you should!  It was really fun, I'm gonna go get it from Amazon...as soon as we have money! LOL  We all headed to bed around 11ish, after the game was over.  This morning we got up, the kids played a little, and then we headed home.  We stopped on the way in a little town called Cacowinity or something like that...I thought it was one of the weirdest names I've ever seen.  We ended up getting home around 4:30pm.  We unloaded the car and kinda put things away...  We headed out to eat dinner around 7:00pm, got groceries, dad got a new watch, and we were home by 9:00pm.  It's now 10:00pm and Eli is still up! I guess that will happen when his schedule is all kinds of crazy because of driving and staying up late.  I'm so proud of my little boy.  For being in the car 8-10 hours a day he did great!  He hardly fussed, the only time he did was when he wanted milk or he wanted his shoes off.  I'm looking forward to a few days of just relaxing.  I will be posting pictures tomorrow from the last two days.  Good night friends!  I hope you all have a great day tomorrow!

Take care and God bless you
-bronwyn

Ellis update:
  I was able to talk to him for about an hour today!!!  He is finally in Afghanistan.  He said it is very similar to Texas...if you were to add 15-20 degrees.  He said its a NATO post so there are lots of people there from other countries.  He can sign up for phone time for a half an hour at a time.  There was quite a big delay, but hey...I'm not complaining!  I'm going to be sending him a care package soon, now that I know he is there, so if any of you would like to contribute a letter or something, please let me know!  I know he would LOVE to get any encouragement letters or just notes to say hi.  Good night! (again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment