Sunday, June 19, 2011

Whew! What a last few days...

These past few days have flown by!  This blog is going to be more of a prayer request than anything...Over the last few days Satan has been attacking me in more ways than one.  Spiritually, physically, emotionally...every "ly" way he can. 

First one, Spiritually....

Every time I get ready to pray, read my Bible, worship, I have an overwhelming sense of sin.  Not current sins that I have to ask forgiveness for...but for sin I've been forgiven for already.  I am feeling guilty for sins that aren't even relevant to my life anymore.  I couldn't figure out why this was happening.  Last week at church we had the Global Day of Prayer.  While we were there, my great friend, Natalie, prayed for me.  She reminded me that once I ask for forgiveness I am washed white as snow.  If I ask for forgiveness and then fail to believe that God is truly forgiving me, I am putting limits on Him.  Once I am forgiven...I AM FORGIVEN! 

Second one, Physically...

Most of you know that Ellis and I have been wanting to add to our family.  Most of you also know that we struggled getting pregnant with Ellis Lee (Eli)  This past week we had a Worship Explosion at church.  It was a time of worship (obviously by the name) a time of prayer, and a time of fellowship.  Two of my very good friends laid their ands on me and prayed that God would heal my body 100%.  I fully believe that He will, and He is able!

Third one, Emotionally...

All of you know now, by reading my blog, by talking to me, by talking to my family...Ellis is deployed and in Afghanistan.  It has been a stressful two weeks, but we are getting through this.  I miss Ellis more than life itself, but I know he is safe, and he is being strong.  I think the hardest thing for me is that people I thought were my friends are turning out to be not so great.  They have spread vicious lies about me, my family, and my other friends.  I have never dealt with any of this so its been very hard.  My heart goes back and forth with wanting to forgive them, and knowing I should...  My heart hurts because I've been hurt, but it also hurts because I know that Satan has been able to get his foot in stronghold among them...I hurt for them. 

Even with this crazy week behind me, I cant help but think of how Great of a God we serve!  There is a song by Eric and Leslie Ludy that I fell in love with in college.  The chorus goes

White as Snow
He has made you
White as Snow
The moment you confessed
His heart forgave

I haven't been able to stop thinking that over the last few weeks.  Thank you God for your amazing love and forgiveness.  Without you, I would be nothing.  Help me forgive those who I have a hard heart toward, and please be with them. 

Thanks for keepin up with the blog friends!  Just so you all know, If you are in the Norfolk area this Tuesday, I am having a shake tasting event, and would LOVE for you to come on over to my house to try this amazing product.

I pray that the Lord blesses you and keeps you!

-b
 Please keep us in your prayers...especially the things I mentioned today.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment