Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lazy days

Today was a wonderful day.  Hmm...what did we do?  Pretty much nothing. :)  I love cuddling with my little boy, watching movies, playing, and reading.  Do you want to know the cutest thing ever?  Last night, my son woke up crying.  He was soaked all the way through.  So I take the sheet off the bed, and Eli and I lay down together.  As I was falling back asleep I hear "I love you!"  The way it comes out is like this... "Ieeeeee  Wuf Yeooo!"  Seriously...cutest thing in the world.  It was just what I needed!

I promised you all that I would catch you up on the day to Busch Gardens.  That day was almost perfect.  So, June 26th is Ellis' birthday.  I couldn't stop thinking about him all day.  It started when we got up at 4AM.  I had a custom hair bow order that I had to take to church with me that day.  Thankfully I got everything done right before I had to leave for church.  I'm so thankful for my babysitter Dez, she was able to meet me at church so she could watch Eli while we practiced.  She was also able to come with me to Deep Creek for our 2nd service, and then back to Kempsville for the 3rd service. (what a long day!)  Big shout out to her, I really appreciate her. :)

After church we ran down to Nat's house, dropped off a few things, headed home, got packed up, got changed, and headed out to Busch Gardens.  There were a few reasons I wanted to head up there.  First reason...it's one of my favorite places to go with Ellis.  We both love roller coasters so it works!  Second reason...I wanted something to take my mind off of him, and yet make me feel close to him on his special day. (does that make sense?)  Third...Sanctus Real and Toby Mac were there!

Eli and I got there around 4ish.  First thing we did was head to Elmo 3D, or what I THOUGHT was Elmo 3D.  It ended up being some 3D Pirate movie.  It was funny but Eli was freaked out for about half of it.

Ready for the movie mom!

Cheesy...but good! :)
 After that we headed to the concert spot.  We found a great little seat under a vendor umbrella on a bench. :)  That was around 5, and the concert started at 6.  That meant we had an hour to burn...literally.  I forgot to pack sunscreen.  Thankfully, the woman sitting down the bench had some and I asked to borrow it.  Score! 
He loved sitting on the bench, swinging his legs!

Love this picture!

Sanctus Real

Toby Mac
We headed out after the third or fourth song during Toby Mac.  Eli was getting super restless and neither of us had eaten yet.  So we headed over to grab dinner.  Eli wolfed down a hot dog, applesauce, milk, and some of my fruit.  It was getting pretty late, and I knew the park was closing at 9 but I wanted to at least get one ride in...so we headed to the Carousel! :)
I'm holding on tight mama!
Eli loved the carousel.  He said "wee!" every time the horse went up.  I loved seeing his face every time...pure joy.  Around 8:30 we headed toward the front gate, walked to our car and drove home.  We got home and passed out.  We had a pretty sweet day...the only thing that could make it perfect would be if Ellis would have been able to be there.

Yesterday we headed over to Nat's around 8:00 to watch the boys while Eric was at work, and she taught dance.  We swam in the rain, played guitar hero, ate lunch, read books to Eli, and a few other things.  We had a pretty great day!  And you already know about today! :)  I should be going, its pretty late and little man is passed out right next to me...he keeps rolling toward me and cracking his eyes open because of the bright screen.  I hope you all have a great night, Take care and God bless.

In the words of my son...

"Ieeeeee Wuf Yeooo!"

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment